Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Grand Canyon Dec. 31, 2012

We took the train today to the Grand Canyon (not the one behind us). It was a 2 hour trip both ways. It was a fun a relaxing way to get there. The RV park that we stayed in has doggie day care -- which is nice since we were gone all day.
When we first got there in the morning it was cloudy -- I was still awed by the spectacular view!
Mike shaved off his mustache today! I had been asking him to do it so I could see what he really looks like. I did not know he was going to do it today. When I finally looked at him this morning -- I screamed -- and then I could not stop laughing or crying or whatever it was... I kept staring at him all day. He said my reaction was worth it -- but the mustache starts growing back today! He also said no close up pictures without the "stache".

The clouds cleared away and then it was a cold but beautiful day!


This is a picture from the train -- where you can see the front of the train on a curve.
Today we leave Williams, AZ for the desert. We are going to Quartzsite, AZ.


No comments:

Post a Comment